4-19. TTY ON/OFF/SPKR
ON S1 AND SQUELCH
2. At the audio filter connectors J2
(30), J1 (31) on the front of the
amplifier-converter, loosen and remove
the connector rings (17).
1. On front of the amplifier-converter,
3. From the back of the amplifier-
remove the switch knob (15 or 15A) (fig
converter (12), carefully pull the audio
4-2, sheet 2) by loosening the 2 Allen
filter (28) backwards to remove it.
the side of the knob (15 or 15A) (fig
4-2, sheet 2).
2. Remove retaining nut (14) and
washer (13) from the threaded portion of
Use extreme care when removing
or replacing ribbon cables.
Creasing or severe bending
3. From the back of the switch,
will damage ribbon cables
unsolder the ribbon cable (12 places for
S1, 5 places for R1/S2).
4. Carefully remove the ribbon cable
1. Unsolder ribbon cable at the
from the switch and pull the switch back-
following terminal points: E6, E5, E2,
wards, removing it from the amplifier-
E3, E4 E1, E7, E8 (located on the audio
squelch control R1/S2 5 places; loop
current test points TP1 and TP2; loop
5. Repeat steps 1 thru 4 for removing
current adjust R2 3 places; TTY key
E1-E2 and DC loop E3-E4; loop current
select S3 2 places; E5, E6 and remove
nut at E7 located above J3. Unsolder
4-20. METER CONNECTORS TP1 AND TP2
EMI filter cable assembly at E8, E9,
E10, E11, E12, and E13 located adjacent
1. From the back of the amplifier-
to J4. Unsolder TTY ON/OFF SPKR ON
converter, unsolder TP1 and TP2 from the
switch S1 at 12 places.
2. Remove retaining screws (7) and
(2) from connectors J4 and J3. Pull J4
2. Carefully separate the unsoldered
and J3 backwards removing them from the
portion of the ribbon cable from TP1 and
3. Carefully remove entire ribbon
3. Remove retaining nuts and washers
cable (11) from the housing.
from the meter connectors (13 and 14).
4-18. SPEAKER ASSEMBLY REMOVAL (Figure
4. At the front of the
4-4, Sheet 1).
amplifier-converter, grasp the meter
connectors (13 and 14) and slowly pull
1. On the front of amplifier-
outward, separating meter connectors (13
converter control panel speaker assembly
and 14) from the housing.
(22), loosen the 4 captive screws (21)
on the speaker cover (23).
4-21. SELECT SWITCH
S3 REMOVAL (Figure
4-4, Sheet 2).
2. Carefully separate the speaker
assembly (22) from the amplifier-
converter housing (12) and unsolder
1. Remove retaining nut (7) and
speaker wires (26) from speaker
washer (6) from the threaded portion of
the switch S3 (1).
terminals E5 and E6 (25).