DISASSEMBLY AND REASSEMBLY
2. Remove E9 ground assembly (21)
from rear cover (6) by removing the
screw (22), ground lug (23), and flat
4-9. This section contains disassembly
and reassembly procedures for the
cover the removing and replacing of the
3. Grasp EMI filter (25) and remove
five circuit card assemblies (A1A1,
it from rear cover (6).
A1A2, A1A3A1, A1A4A1 and A1A4A2), the
ribbon cable, and the components of the
4-14. AMPLIFIER-SQUELCH ASSEMBLY A1A2
1. Remove amplifier-squelch (6) by
loosening 4 captive screws (3) and
carefully pull circuit card handle (34),
separating card from connector J4.
4-11. The disassembly procedures are
described in the following paragraphs:
4-15. TTY-FSK CONVERTER ASSEMBLY A1A1
4-12. AMPLIFIER-CONVERTER REAR COVER
1. Remove TTY-FSK converter (40) by
loosening the 4 captive screws (38) and
carefully pulling the circuit card
1. Loosen 6 captive screws (28) on
handle (39), separating card from
rear cover (6).
2. Separate cover (6) from amplifier-
The remainder of removal
3. Remove connector J1 (18) attached
procedures, paragraphs 4-16
to EMI filter (25) by loosening slotted
thru 4-24, are performed after
thumb screws (17).
removal of the rear cover,
amplifier-squelch, and TTY-FSK
4. Carefully push connector J1 (18)
converter assemblies (para
upward, separating it from connector
4-12, 4-13 and 4-15).
assembly P1 (20).
4-16. AUDIO FILTER ASSEMBLY A1A4A1 AND
5. Remove J7 (16) by removing
retaining nut (1) and lockwasher (2)
located on the front of rear cover (6).
6. Remove wire rope assembly (13) by
removing wire rope screw assembly (9).
Use extreme care when removing
or replacing ribbon cables.
4-13. EMI FILTER ASSEMBLY A1A3A1
Creasing or severe bending will
damage ribbon cables internally.
1. Place rear cover (6) so that the
1. Unsolder ribbon cable at E6, E5,
EMI filter (25) faces down, and remove
connector rings (3) from connectors J5
sheet 1), and loosen captive screw (7)
(26) and J6 (19). Turn rear cover (6)
on back of the audio filter (28), (fig
over for next step.
4-4, sheet 1).