TM 11-5895-1090-34/TO 31 R2-2TSC-152
(18) Secure SHF OUTPUT assembly A6
remove both ends of the semirigid coaxial cable W4,
into place by tightening the four captive screws.
which is connected between jack CP1 on the shf
c. J-6 Power Connector.
channel combiner assembly Al, and attenuator AT1 on
the shf output assembly A6.
(2) Loosen the four captive screws
If pins are bent, straighten them. If they
securing the shf output assembly A6 to the amplifier-
are broken or otherwise defective,
replace the connector as outlined below.
(3) With a torque wrench, loosen and
remove both ends of semirigid coaxial cable W2, which
(1) Remove the four screws and nuts
is connected between FLI, J1 on the shf output
holding the connector to the rear panel.
assembly A6 and the rear of J5, SHF OUTPUT
(2) Remove the connector from the rear
of the frame.
(4) With a torque wrench, loosen and
(3) Grasp the connector by the main body
remove semirigid coaxial cables W1 and W3 at their
and unscrew the knurled retaining ring on the wire
connections on the rear of the shf channel combiner
entrance side of the connector.
(4) Slide the retaining ring back from the
(5) Unscrew the two screws securing the
connector along the wires.
J6 connector at the rear of the shf channel combiner
assembly Al and remove connector J6.
When removing the soft rubber
(6) On the front panel of the amplifier-
insulating wire separator and plastic
mixer, loosen the five captive screws securing the shf
jacket in the next step, be very careful
channel combiner assembly Al to the front panel of the
not to damage the soft rubber. If it is
damaged, each wire must be threaded
(7) Loosen the two captive screws which
through its proper hole on the
secure the shf channel combiner assembly Al to the
base of the amplifier-mixer chassis.
(8) Pull out on the handle on the front
(5) Using extreme care, grasp the plastic
panel of the shf channel combiner assembly Al and
jacket on the outside of the soft rubber insulating wire
remove it from amplifier-mixer chassis.
separator and slowly work it back along the wires until
(9) Remove the four screws and nuts that
adequate clearance is obtained to unsolder the wires
secure the J5 SHF OUTPUT jack to the front panel and
from their pins.
remove the jack.
(6) Tag the wires and unsolder them from
(10) Inspect gasket and replace, if
the connector pins.
(11) Install new J5, SHF OUTPUT jack, in
the wires to the pins on the replacement connector
place and secure it to front panel with the four mounting
screws and nuts.
Once again. be very careful not to
(12) Slide the shf channel combiner
damage the soft rubber insulating wire
assembly A 1 back into place in the amplifier-mixer
separator when performing the next
(13) Secure the shf channel combiner
assembly Al to the amplifier-mixer chassis by tightening
(8) Using extreme care, -lowly work the
the two captive screws at the base of the assembly and
soft rubber insulating wire separator and plastic jacket
the five captive screws on the front panel.
back along the wires until it is sealed in place in the
(14) Replace J6 connector and secure in
place by tightening the two captive screws.
(9) Slide the knurled retaining ring back
(15) With a torque wrench, replace and
along the wire and screw it into the connector.
tighten semirigid coaxial cables W1 and W3 into place
10) Reinsert the connector into the frame
at the rear of shf channel combiner assembly Al.
and secure it by replacing the four screws and nuts.
d. M1-SHF MONITOR Meter.
(16) With a torque wrench, replace and
tighten semirigid coaxial cable W2 between FL1, J1 on
(1) Remove the two hex nuts from the
the SHF OUTPUT assembly A6 and the rear of J5 SHF
screw posts on the rear of the meter.
(2) Tag and remove the solder terminal
(17) With a torque wrench, replace and
lugs which hold the wire to the rear of the meter.
tighten semirigid coaxial cable W4 between jack CP1 on
(3) Remove three screws and nuts
the shf channel combiner assembly Al and attenuator
securing meter and gasket to front panel.
AT1 on the SHF OUTPUT assembly A6.
(4) Inspect the gasket and replace if worn