b. When National stock number or part number is
Using the table of contents,
determine the functional group within which the item
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock
This is necessary since illustrations are
prepared for functional groups and listings are divided
Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National
into the same groups.
stock number or part number. This index is in NIIN
(2) Second. Find the illustration covering the
sequence followed by a list of part numbers in
functional group to which the item belongs.
alphameric sequence, cross-referenced to the illustration
(3) Third. Identify the item on the illustration
figure number and item number.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item
and note the illustration figure and item number of the
number, locate the figure and item number in the repair
(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts Listing,
find the figure and item number noted on the illustration.
(Next printed page is 4)