functional group within the item belongs. This is nece s-
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Nu m-
sary since illustrations are prepared for functional
bers and Part Numbers. find the pertinent National stock
groups and listings are divided into the same groups.
number or part number. This index is in NIIN se quence
followed by a list of part numbers in alphanu meric s e-
(2) Second. Find the illustration covering the
quence. cross-referenced to the illustration fig ure num-
functional group to which the item belongs.
ber and item number.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the illustration and
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item
note the illustration figure and item number of the item.
number, locate the figure and item number in the repair
(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts Listing. find
the figure and item number noted on the illustration.
b. When National stock number or part number is